New in Newsletter and Documents
Ahmad Qatamesh, (seen re-united with his daughter) veteran of secular socialist Palestinian resistance, and early One State theorist, was released from two and half years admin. detention last week. We look forward to welcoming him back to the struggle and hearing what he has to say. Meanwhile, here are extracts from an interview he gave in 1998 on his release from six years admin. detention.
New Palestine Newsletter No.7 is also now out, with:
* A brief memorial for Gaza’s agony of five years ago and warning of IDF threats to do it again.
* We report on the UN Year of Solidarity with the Palestinian people and suggest some appropriate actions it might take.
* New population figures for Palestinians show ideal starting point for one unified country.
* Freed pre-Oslo era prisoner speaks out
* No publicity is bad publicity
* Funerals of a terrorist and a freedom fighter
« As Israel and the US squabble and talks grind to a halt, PLO can come out fighting for its people
Prawer passes to rightist mob »